Philip R. Nathe
Since 1981 Philip Nathe has worked within the criminal justice system. After graduating with Honors from Western Illinois in 1984, Phil accepted a position as a probation officer with the DuPage County Probation Department. For the following four years he was responsible for drafting pre-sentence reports for individuals convicted of offenses from DUI to murder. During his positions as a clerk and probation officer, Phil attended and graduated from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois.
Upon graduating from law school, Phil accepted a position as an assistant state's attorney in DuPage County, Illinois where he served for approximately two years. During this period of time Phil was responsible for the prosecution of criminal offenses finding himself on trial on a daily basis. After the prosecutor's office, Phil accepted a position with Hinshaw & Culbertson in Lisle, Illinois as a trial attorney.
In 1994 Phil opened his office in Naperville, Illinois. His practice consists primarily of criminal defense work, which includes traffic and juvenile defense services. Phil finds himself in court on a daily basis fighting for the rights and interests of his clients. Based upon his some twenty years of experience in the criminal justice system, he is uniquely well qualified as a criminal defense attorney.
Phil also handles some civil litigation, such as contractual disputes and collection matters.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Drug Violations
- Sex Offenses
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Law
- Criminal Law - Federal (White Collar Crime)
- Estate Planning
- Wills & Trusts
- Illinois, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1988
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois
- B.A. - 1984
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Bar Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 1988 to Present
- Will County Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- DuPage County States Attorney Office, Assistant States Attorney, 1988 to 1990
- DuPage County Probation Department, Probation Officer, 1984 to 1988
- College of DuPage, Criminal Justice Instructor, 1989 to 1994
- Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP, Trial Attorney